JFK ASSASSINATION ARGUMENTS
(PART 753)


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

If I could travel back to late 1963 and early 1964 in a time machine, one of the things I would be most anxious to do would be to sit in on a few of the executive sessions of the Warren Commission (in a "fly on the wall" manner), just to hear for myself what was being discussed (even "off the record") during those Commission meetings.

And if such "fly on the wall" eavesdropping on the WC could be accomplished in a handy time machine, I have a feeling that every single bogus cloud of suspicion that many conspiracy theorists have decided to hang over the heads of the entire Warren Commission would evaporate very quickly.


DAVID EMERLING SAID:

Hell, if I could travel back in time, I'd set the DeLorean to an early morning hour on November 22, 1963. Of course, I would need the 1.21 million gigawatts of power for the flux-capacitor and have enough straight-away to get the DeLoreon up to 88mph.

I'd sit outside the Texas School Book Depository and watch Lee Harvey Oswald walk into the building carrying a long package wrapped in brown paper and say, "Hey! Wesley Frazier was right. He DID have a long package. And Frazier was wrong about the way he carried it. And I can see why he was wrong because Frazier was walking way behind Oswald."

I'd sit outside Dealey Plaza and stroll around and take in the sights. I'd hang out behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll to see if anybody was "setting up" back there. And, of course, I would see nothing. I'd just get a bunch of mud on my shoes because of the early morning rain.

I'd [stare] up at the 6th floor window and see if anybody was rearranging any boxes and, of course, I would see Lee Oswald doing the arranging. He would, on occasion, sheepishly glance out the window to see if anybody was paying much attention. And, of course, nobody would be. Nobody would notice. Nobody cared. Why would they?

I'd look at my watch and notice that we were getting close to 12:30. I'd get my digital video camera out and take a seat next to a man wearing a hardhat. I'd introduce myself to him. He'd introduce himself back to me. Howard Brennan would be his name.

And then I'd start filming Oswald taking his three shots. They would be the only shots recorded on the camera. There would no other sounds.

And then I'd jump back into my DeLorean - return to 2009 - and make a friggin' fortune.

Of course, the conspiracy community would not believe me. They would say that it is all photographic trickery. But I would have them all killed by the Terminators from the future who would be programmed to kill not only them, but anybody named Sarah Connor.

C'mon Dave - you gotta make much better use out of your time machine than do something as mundane as go back to sit in on a Warren Commission executive session. Geez! :)

David Emerling
Memphis, TN


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

David,

You wouldn't have any desire to SAVE John Kennedy (via your "time machine" excursion)? ~wink~


DAVID EMERLING SAID:

No! No! No!

Don't you know ANYTHING about time travel? You can't change the course of history! It would create a time paradox and destroy mankind. Kennedy MUST die.

This would be a gross violation of the "Butterfly Effect."

Even the aircraft carrier U.S.S. Nimitz, when it went back in time to the day *before* the bombing of Pearl Harbor, could not prevent December 7, 1941 from living in infamy - even with all their modern firepower at their disposal. ("Final Countdown")

Even Sam couldn't prevent the assassination in that episode of "Quantum Leap" - no matter how hard he tried. (episode 76, 5th season)

You really need to watch more TV - then you would know these things.


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Let me add these possibilities as I get back into my time machine:

In addition to being a fly on the wall during the Warren Commission's executive sessions in 1964, I would have also taken a trip to Irving, Texas, on the morning of November 21, 1963, in order to sneak into Ruth Paine's garage so that I can steal Lee Harvey Oswald's rifle.

After pilfering the Mannlicher-Carcano, I would then dispose of the weapon in some manner.

This November 21st rifle heist would have, of course, saved the life of the 35th U.S. President the following day during his trip to Dallas.

Mr. Oswald would have been a tad bit peeved when he went into Ruth's garage and found an empty blanket. But that's just too bad for Lee Harvey. His next attempted assassination will have to wait until another day.

Of course, the above November '63 time machine scenario would mean that my "fly on the wall" eavesdropping on the Warren Commission would never have any chance of taking place, since the WC would never have existed, since JFK won't be shot in Dealey Plaza.

So, if I had to pick between the two "time machine" choices, I'd have to go with the rifle-swiping effort.

Another idea ---

I could use my time machine to spoil Oswald's murderous plan in another (very spiteful) manner: I won't steal his rifle from the Paine garage....but I WILL hide all of Lee's 6.5-mm. Carcano bullets.

I'll then have an irate Oswald on my hands (once again), as he searches high and low for those damn bullets and his rifle clip (yes, I'll take the clip too).

I'm a sneaky little bastard, aren't I? ;)

David Von Pein
October 29, 2009