JFK ASSASSINATION ARGUMENTS
(PART 830)


DENIS MORISSETTE SAID:

I've just finished a video about a man looking like Ruby in the WFAA studios just minutes after the JFK assassination. [See photo below, with arrow pointing to the "Ruby look-alike".]




ED CAGE SAID:

Denis, that is Bert Shipp and Jay Watson of WFAA, where Karen and I both worked.

Ruby was at the DMN [Dallas Morning News] but not at WFAA-TV (Channel 8).


DENIS MORISSETTE SAID:

Would be nice if you identify the Ruby look-alike.


ED CAGE SAID:

Denis,

I do know Jay Watson and my longtime friend Bert Shipp. I also know Ruby was not at Channel 8 WFAA-TV at that time.

Did you verify the time on this, Denis?

My wife, Karen, who also worked there, says she doesn't know who the guy on the left is either.


DENIS MORISSETTE SAID:

I don't know the time yet. But I'm satisfied it is not Ruby.


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

I can pinpoint from my WFAA videos almost exactly when that image of the "Ruby"-like person appears in the WFAA footage. The time is 1:11 PM CST. And he does look a lot like Ruby. (It's amazing how many times people think Ruby and Oswald pop up in various pictures and videos.)

26 minutes into this video:




DENIS MORISSETTE SAID:

Do we see him anywhere else in this TV coverage?


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Denis, I looked for the Ruby look-alike elsewhere in the newsroom in my WFAA video and I didn't see him.

He's visible for about five seconds 26 minutes into the Part 1 video (looks like he's talking on the telephone), and then he gets up from his chair and moves out of camera range. I didn't see him again in the newsroom.


WITH TONGUE IN CHEEK, DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

I think what we see there in the WFAA footage is Jack Ruby receiving a call from his handler. I have a transcript of the call (supplied by Jim Garrison in 1968). The conversation went like this----

HANDLER -- "Is that you, Jack?"

RUBY -- "Yeah, yeah, it's me."

HANDLER -- "What the hell are you doing, Jack?! Where are you?"

RUBY -- "I stopped off at WFAA-TV to talk to my friend Mr. Peppermint."

HANDLER -- "You idiot! We need you at Parkland--now!! You've got work to do there, remember?"

RUBY -- "Oh shit, you're right! I forgot!"

HANDLER -- "You've got the bullet, don't you?"

RUBY -- "Wait. Let me double check. Yeah...yeah...here it is. A 6.5mm. bullet from some rifle a guy stole from somebody's garage a couple days ago. I think he got the rifle in Irving. He told me that this Oswald guy was staying there with somebody named Paine, or Von Pein, or Von Paine, or somethin' like that."

HANDLER -- "Yeah, yeah. That's right. So you've got the bullet, great. Are you sure you know what to do with it, Jack? We don't want any foul-ups."

RUBY -- "Yeah, yeah. Leave it to me, Mr. X. I know what I'm doing."

HANDLER -- "Well, just be careful. Don't do something dumb like putting it on the wrong stretcher or something like that."

RUBY (Laughing) -- "Oh, come on! What do you take me for? An idiot like David Ferrie? That guy is still in New Orleans, and he's supposed to fly into Redbird to get Mac Wallace out of the country, remember? What a douchebag!"

HANDLER -- "Okay, Jack. But remember---don't screw this up. The big boys in Washington are counting on you. And remember that we're going to need you on Sunday morning in the City Hall basement too. Is that gun of yours working alright these days?"

RUBY -- "Yeah, yeah. It's fine. I checked it out just last week by firing three rounds at Garland Slack's target at the rifle range. I only hope he didn't recognize me."

HANDLER -- "Okay, Jack. You'd better move your butt. Time's a wastin'."

RUBY -- "Yeah, yeah. I'm leaving WFAA right now. See ya later when I bring over the sandwiches."




David Von Pein
October 30, 2014


ALSO SEE: