DVP vs. DiEUGENIO
(PART 112)


JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

Davey Boy, I have tried to impress on you that, for very good reasons, Gary Mack has a credibility problem.


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

I know this might come as a major heart-stopping shock to you, Jimmy my boy, but I don't take ANYTHING you say very seriously.

In fact, IMO, you are the type of conspiracy theorist to totally disregard with respect to the JFK assassination -- and that's because you're in the "Anybody But Oswald" club of fantasists. And no reasonable person can possibly take an "ABO" member seriously.


JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

Plus, there is another evidentiary scandal brewing around Gary [Mack] which I am not free to comment on right now. But it's pretty bad. So using him is like quoting, say, Dale Myers. (Which BTW, you do.)


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Of course I often quote Gary Mack and Dale Myers. They are two of THE best researchers in the JFK world. So, yes, I'll quote them as much as I can.

Dale's work on the Single-Bullet Theory and J.D. Tippit's murder is unparalleled, in my view. Naturally, he's a rotten, corrupt liar in your mind. But, hey, he's GOT to be that way to you--because you actually have the 'nads to say (in public):
"I don't believe Oswald shot Tippit." [DiEugenio quote; via Black Op Radio broadcast of January 14, 2010; discussed further here.]

And anyone who can (with a straight face) utter those six words -- "I don't believe Oswald shot Tippit" -- is most certainly not worth taking seriously for even two seconds.


JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

Question for you though:

Do you use an alias on Amazon.com?

Is so, if I guess it, would you admit it?


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

No, Jimmy, sorry to disappoint you, but I have never used an "alias" at Amazon.com--at any time. ....

http://Amazon.com/profile/David Von Pein

The closest I've ever come to an alias is by using my initials ["DVP-1"] at the IMDB.com forum (and I have wanted to change that username to my full name, but they won't allow any changes of that nature after an account has been created), and I have used "David VP" instead of my full name in my early posts at the acj and aaj newsgroups.

Oh, yes, I have used an "aviation"-related alias at Airliners.net -- "LAX". But even in that instance, I put my full, real name in my profile:

http://Airliners.net/user/LAX/profile

But at Amazon.com, I've always used my real name.

So, no, I'm not S.V. Anderson--in case that's your next question. I've talked with Mr. Anderson on numerous occasions--Amazon included--and he's got his head screwed on straight regarding the JFK case. He's written some very good posts, too.

BTW, as a footnote to this "alias" topic -- Jim DiEugenio, in late 2008, was well on his way toward being convinced that I was, in fact, David Reitzes (thanks to Len Osanic's rumor, which was undoubtedly planted in his mind by David G. Healy, who is the only person on the planet who ever thought such a thing prior to October of 2008).





The complete programs:








David Von Pein
November 18, 2010


=================================


"ALIAS" ADDENDUM #1:


JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

Kurt Ferrer wrote a review for a Xmas movie at starzmovie.com. I think it's Rudolph. You wrote the same review at Amazon. Except now, your review file is closed. It had been on page 30 of the 55 pages in your review history. If it's gone now, that is interesting.


DAVID VON PEIN (NOT "KURT FERRER") SAID:

You're a howl, Jimbo.

My review for that 1964 TV show is still there and intact, and (yes) on Page 30 [as of November 2010]:

PERMALINK TO THE DVP REVIEW IN QUESTION:
http://Amazon.com/review/R166ZC6QW1WBDQ


The probable reason you thought it was gone is because Amazon's navigation through a person's review pages sucks. And it's been that sluggish way for years. It always says "currently not available" for about 10 clicks (at least on the Firefox browser anyway). But on click #11 or 12, it'll finally kick in and take you to the page requested. [That particular glitch has since been fixed, however.]

I'm just wondering exactly how much time somebody spent scouring the reviews at Starz and Amazon (and elsewhere?) attempting to prove some silly "alias" theory. It's hilarious. And provably incorrect too.

If you would have "investigated" further, Jimmy my boy, you would have seen that all of those "Starz" reviews have been plucked straight off of Amazon. (Lots of sites do that.)

But for some reason, the names attached to the reviews are not the same as the true Amazon authors. My review has been attached to this Kurt person. (I guess maybe Kurt submitted it to Starz, so he gets credit for it. Beats me.)

Plus, every Starz review shows the exact same time submitted too. Weird.

Here's another Rudolph review at Starz that doesn't give credit to the true author, who is Tom Anderson. The Starz version shows the author to be Jorge Middleton (11th review from the top).

EXACT SAME REVIEW BY TOM ANDERSON:
http://Amazon.ca/review/RR5ZXQ486XS7C


Mine and Tom Anderson's are the only ones I have checked....but it proves my point (unless you now want to contend that Middleton and Anderson are the same person).

Naturally, though, David "Zapruder Wasn't On The Pedestal At All" Healy, exactly five minutes after DiEugenio's last post, jumps into the mix and is more than willing to post a "ya got 'em" comment, without bothering (naturally) to do a lick of research himself to see whether DiEugenio's "alias" silliness has any merit to it or not (as if anybody gives a care anyway).

You guys are truly hi-lar-ious. My weak bladder always gets quite a workout when I visit this forum.

David Von Pein
November 23, 2010


=================================


"ALIAS" ADDENDUM #2:


ROBERT MORROW SAID:

Here is an offer: I will mail $100 to the first person who can find a record of S.V. Anderson and DAVID VON PEIN being in the SAME thread (JFK thread or ANY thread) at Amazon with those posts being dated BEFORE 12/8/2010. Got that? Find me at Amazon S.V. Anderson (and his imaginary little friends) and DAVID VON PEIN in the SAME THREAD before 12/8/2010.


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

That's quite easy, Bob. It took me just a few minutes to find two examples from 2007 [both of which are now gone and can therefore no longer be accessed] (among several others that I'm sure are there at Amazon too), one of which Morrow even participated in HIMSELF! How's that for irony?:

http://Amazon.com/forum/Fx2TVHW5I0UEY9A

http://Amazon.com/review/RGRCBK36ARK7K

I'm not quite sure why this is a big deal to Bob. You know what he's going to say now, don't you? He's obviously going to say that the single "fake" poster (either Anderson or I) merely posted in the same thread under two different accounts.

But, anyway, I'll take my $100 in cash, if you don't mind. (Twenties will be fine.)

(I can now envision Bob "LBJ WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR 9/11, WATERGATE, THE HOLOCAUST, AND THE 1974 SUPER OUTBREAK OF TORNADOES IN THE MIDWEST" Morrow wrestling with this question: WHO should I mail the $100 to--Von Pein or Anderson?)



David Von Pein
December 9, 2010


=================================


"ALIAS" ADDENDUM #3:


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

I'd sure love it if somebody would prove that I'm this S.V. Anderson guy. That would mean that I have truly gone over the edge, because I've talked to him on the Internet several times. I noted that after conspiracy nutcase Bob Morrow mailed me a $100 check following a bet I won regarding this "DVP Is Anderson" hilarity, Morrow has now gone BACK to believing that I'm Anderson. Maybe he'd like to lose another hundred bucks.

David Von Pein
June 4, 2011