JFK ASSASSINATION ARGUMENTS
(PART 164)


Subject: The Single-Bullet Fact
Date: 3/7/2008 5:15:42 AM Eastern Standard Time
From: David S. Lifton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------------

Von Pein:

I'm sorry there's no time-machine to send you on a journey back to a point where you could huff and puff and exercise your thoroughly misplaced sense of certainty on propositions that were considered "acceptable" and "true" at that time.

If there was, I'd take up a collection for a one-way ticket to send you back to the time people thought the earth was flat. I'm sure you'd be most comfortable there, arguing against those who were getting a glimpse of simple shadow data, much less other astronomical data that, at first, seemed to suggest a geocentric universe, and, much later, one that was heliocentric. Undoubtedly, you'd be wearing your rags, carrying a club, walking on the beach or from village to village and exercising what limited brain power you apparently have while arguing that the earth was flat.

Lottsa luck. Bon voyage.

DSL

=================================================

Subject: Re: The Single-Bullet Fact
Date: 3/7/2008 8:16:36 PM Eastern Standard Time
From: David Von Pein
To: David S. Lifton


------------------------------------

I really have to wonder what the above Lifton rant has to do with the JFK case or the obvious logicality of the Single-Bullet Theory? Anybody got any idea? I sure don't. Maybe Mr. Lifton can enlighten an unenlightened rag-clad, club-carrying heathen like myself. Eh, Dave?

I'd sooner believe this Earth of ours WAS, indeed, flat than to believe a single conspiracy theory spouted by a certain Mr. David S. Lifton.

Incidentally, David L., are you still of the opinion that Vincent Bugliosi's JFK book was "ghostwritten"? (Just curious.)

For those who aren't aware of one of Dave Lifton's latest hunks of unsupportable nonsense/crap, Mr. Lifton (on May 24, 2007) decided he would appear on an Internet radio program and give his wholly unsupported (and unsupportable) opinion about Mr. Bugliosi's excellent 2007 book, "Reclaiming History", being the work of a series of "ghostwriters".

Lifton even had the gall to name one of the authors he was almost certain had (ghost) written a goodly portion of Chapter #33 of Mr. Bugliosi's book (the chapter entitled "Jim Garrison's Prosecution Of Clay Shaw And Oliver Stone's Movie JFK").

The author named by Lifton was Patricia Lambert, who wrote the 1999 book "False Witness: The Real Story Of Jim Garrison's Investigation And Oliver Stone's Film, JFK".

Here is a portion of what Pat Lambert had to say about Lifton's silly "ghostwriting" charges:

"For the record: I did not write one single word of Vince Bugliosi's book, not even a footnote. I never saw Vince Bugliosi's manuscript. I never saw any portion of Vince Bugliosi's manuscript. I didn't even get a peek at the galleys. No comma, colon, semi-colon, parenthesis, hyphen, apostrophe or period is my doing, to say nothing of sentences, paragraphs and a whole chapter. ....

"I cannot imagine what prompted Lifton to make such a stunningly false allegation about me. But false it is. I am not a ghostwriter. I have never been a ghostwriter. I have no intention of being a ghostwriter.

"Since I know unequivocally that Lifton is wrong about the role he assigned to me, I see no reason to believe he is correct about the other unidentified writers on whom he has bestowed the credit for having written Vince Bugliosi's book.

"David Lifton owes me an apology. David Lifton owes Vince Bugliosi an apology.

/s/ Patricia Lambert"



To go Ms. Lambert one better, I think perhaps David S. Lifton owes the general book-buying public at-large a big apology too.

Because anyone who has their name at the bottom of a book like "Best Evidence: Disguise And Deception In The Assassination Of John F. Kennedy" (a book that suggests to the world that the dead body of President Kennedy was somehow stolen by evil conspirators, with the wounds on that body being hastily rearranged before JFK's autopsy) is a person who should probably drop to his knees and beg the forgiveness of the many people who actually dug into their pockets and forked over the cash to purchase such a conjecture-filled publication.*

* = And I am one of those persons. Mr. Lifton's book, in fact, was the very first book on the JFK case I ever bought or read, in early 1981. And it remains unchallenged, to this day, as the most absurd book on the subject I have ever read as well.

David R. Von Pein

====================

ADDENDUMS:

"One could safely say that David Lifton took folly to an unprecedented level. And considering the monumental foolishness of his colleagues in the conspiracy community, that's saying something." -- Vincent T. Bugliosi; Page 1066 of "Reclaiming History"

--------------

"The coffin was never unattended. Lifton's story is the biggest pack of malarkey I ever heard in my life. I never had my hands or eyes off of it during the period he says it was unattended, and when Jackie got up to go to her stateroom where Lyndon Johnson was, Kenny O'Donnell went with her, but we stayed right there with the coffin and never let go of it. In fact several of us were with it through the whole trip, all the way to Bethesda Naval Hospital. It couldn't have happened the way that fellow said. Not even thirty seconds. I never left it." -- David F. Powers; June 1987

--------------

"About two years after 'Best Evidence' was published, I in fact realized there was a much more significant moment in time for getting the body out of the coffin, and that was the brief period when the coffin was already aboard the plane, and the entire Kennedy party was down on the tarmac. And today, that is when I think that event actually occurred. How they got the body off the plane is another matter." -- David S. Lifton; November 15, 1997


[DVP INTERJECTION --- In other words, if one stupid-sounding theory that includes things that never could have happened in a million years poops out, just move on to the next silly-sounding conspiracy theory of your choosing. Surely one of these idiotic body-stealing theories has GOT to be the correct one....right David L.?]