JFK ASSASSINATION ARGUMENTS
(PART 1318)


JOHN McADAMS SAID:

Message for David Von Pein....

Your videos have been my salvation in my JFK class this semester.

Marquette has removed the ability to play VHS tapes in classrooms. So a lot of good footage I had on those tapes was no longer usable.

But I found the footage I need -- mostly the two 60s CBS documentaries, and the 1993 Frontline documentary -- on your site.

The current DVD of the Frontline documentary has key footage cut out, especially the Odio material, but other stuff too.

So kudos for your efforts.


EDWARD BAUER SAID:

John, both your and David’s websites, along with the Mary Ferrell site, are unique, valuable sources of critical information. Kudos to you all.


"CLAVIGER" SAID:

Yes indeed, Kudos!

David Von Pein has a truly remarkable website. A veritable treasury of photos, debate, and discussion. It has been most helpful to me in researching this case. The Photo Gallery is a truly valuable well-organized resource.

Any college student taking a Debate Class can learn much from study of David's logical, calm response to heated and provocative debate. Hopefully this useful academic resource will be around for a long time to come.


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Thanks for the "kudos" message, John. [And my thanks to Edward and Clav, too.]

It pleases me to know that at least a few people are getting some good out of the stuff I've put online.

And I want to remind you, John, that the videos I have stored and shared through Google Drive can all easily be downloaded at the touch of a button too. The "Download" button is located in the top-right part of each Google Drive webpage:







JOHN McADAMS SAID:

Yep, and they all import fine into MovieMaker.

The only videos I show pretty much unedited are the first 75 minutes of "Four Days in Dallas" [sic] (Wolper), and the movie "JFK" (an evening session).

Otherwise, class time is valuable, so I use edited clips, such as Ruth Paine explaining the coffee klatch that resulted in Lee getting his job or Domingo Benavides describing the Tippit shooting.

As I mentioned earlier, key footage was cut out of the Frontline documentary as released on DVD, and your having it online was a godsend.

Joe Newbrough on how 544 Camp Street was entirely separate from Banister's office and the Sylvia Odio testimony are two segments I used in class last Wednesday.


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

When you said "MovieMaker", are you referring to the "Windows Movie Maker" video editing program produced by Microsoft? If so, I must say that I'm thrilled to find someone else besides myself who still uses Windows Movie Maker (.WMM) to create and edit videos on their computer. (I thought I might have been the last person in America who was still using it.) 😁

Personally, I like Windows Movie Maker very much. It's a pretty basic, no-frills program, but it's always worked fine for me and it has everything I really need --- even the older versions which I'm now forced to use when I get a new computer, due to the fact that new versions of WMM have unfortunately been discontinued by Microsoft. The biggest negative thing about WMM is the fact that it won't let you import MP4 videos into the interface. So I've always got to convert all of my MP4 files into WMVs so they'll be compatible with "Windows" (WMM). And I would guess that you too, John, have had to convert some of my MP4s into WMVs first, before you were able to use the files inside WMM, right?

BTW --- I'm going to forgive you (this time), John, for getting the name wrong of the best JFK assassination documentary ever produced. The proper title of David L. Wolper's stellar 1964 motion picture is, of course, "Four Days In November" (not "Four Days In Dallas"). 😉

BTW #2 --- Speaking of the "Four Days" Wolper film, here's something else that might be of some use to you, John —— A few years ago I culled various highlights from the film and put them on this webpage. The highlights include the "re-creations" which Wolper filmed with some of the witnesses (such as Buell Wesley Frazier, Linnie Mae Randle, and William Whaley).

The videos on that webpage are "Blogger" videos (instead of "Google Drive" uploads), but they can be downloaded if you know the "trick". The trick is: After pressing the Play button, right-click TWICE with your mouse cursor hovering over the video player. After the second "right-click", you should see a "Save Video As" option among the menu choices. Clicking "Save Video As" will allow you to download the video. It will be an MP4 download, however, not a WMV. But at least my "Blogger" videos can be downloaded. It's a method that works when using the Firefox browser anyway. I'm not sure about the success rate of this venture when utilizing other browsers. (It was by pure accident a couple of years ago that I stumbled across the above method for downloading a Blogger video. And I'm glad I did, because it's come in handy several times since then.)


JOHN McADAMS SAID:

I don't particularly like excessively complex and difficult-to-learn software when what I have to do is simple.

Mostly, I've just been using it to take your longer videos and cut out key segments to use in PowerPoint slides I use and class, and upload for the students to study.

Pretty much all the stuff I've edited so far has been in older formats. Especially, all the stuff you have uploaded is in formats that MovieMaker can handle.

MovieMaker outputs MP4, which is good because, if one puts something online, browsers now have native MP4 support. Instead of calling up Flash, a simple HTML command shows video.


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Well then, John, we must be talking about two different video editors with the name "Movie Maker". Because all of the versions of Windows Movie Maker that I have ever used do not output MP4 files. WMM only renders and saves videos in Windows Media Video (.WMV) format.

But maybe you're using a newer version of WMM. I'm using Version 2.6.


JOHN McADAMS SAID:

I have version 16.4.3528.0331.

Dated: 2012.

I'm running it under Windows 8.1.

My copy does import MP4.


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Ten-Four.
Roger.
And Wilco.

😁


RAMON F. HERRERA SAID:

I have made this public offer and will keep on repeating it:

I will upload ANYTHING provided/requested by the JFK community to my/your/our new video channel [which no longer exists].

[...]

Now, let's go in the David Von Pein issue....

I have made this public offer to David Von Pein and will keep on repeating it:

I will convert any photo from the DVP archive to 3D models. If the scene is in Dealey Plaza, the accuracy will be 3mm. This one seems like a perfect first candidate, taken seconds after the shooting:



It was taken from west of the triple underpass, with the kids waving and the 12:30 Hertz clock in the background. A 3D model/video can be done, with the car speeding.

-Ramon
JFK Numbers (and videos)


RAMON F. HERRERA LATER SAID:

So, David, I am confused. You are sending mixed signals. You tell me one thing in a private mail, then you say the opposite in public.

Are you a supporter of bringing your (flat earth) treasure trove to the wonderful world of 3D?

The least gesture we (the JFK Numbers team of 3D designers) can do is give you the privilege of selecting the first scene.

So, what do you say?

ps: Oh, I forgot something: do NOT select any photo where the presidential limo appears. Why? Because you will have to sign the petition, hopefully led by Pamela, to have the blueprints released to The People.


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Ramon,

When have I ever stated "in public" that I was not in favor of any of your "JFK Numbers" projects (whatever they might be)? ~shrug~

If you want to create 3D models of some of the Dealey Plaza photographs, go right ahead. I'm all for it. Sounds like a cool idea to me. And if any of the photos on my websites will help you with any of your "3D modeling" projects, go ahead and use them (keeping in mind the fact that I own none of the copyrights on any of those photos)——which are the exact same things I told you in this November 25, 2018, e-mail:

"That would be great. I'm all for it. And if some of my photos (or videos) on my sites can help you in that endeavor, feel free to use them all you want. .... I'm all for it. I can't see any reason why I should be AGAINST such a project. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "the numerical parts of the case", but, my ignorance aside, if additional information concerning the events of 11/22/63 can be gleaned by the "best universities" in America (or abroad), then I'm certainly in favor of it. Good luck." -- 11/25/2018 E-Mail From DVP To Ramon Herrera


RAMON F. HERRERA SAID THIS.


REPLAY....
RAMON F. HERRERA SAID:

The least gesture we can do is give you the privilege of selecting the first scene. So, what do you say?


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

How about this one below? A detailed 3D model of this 11/22/63 aerial photograph (with accuracy to within "3 millimeters", per Ramon Herrera's 4/22/2019 estimate) would be interesting to see:




ALLAN G. JOHNSON SAID:

That photo of Dealey Plaza cannot be of the afternoon on Nov. 22, 1963. There are no people, police, newsmedia on the streets that were there during the motorcade and after the shooting, just routine traffic.


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

You're wrong about that, Allan. This picture was definitely taken on the afternoon of 11/22/63. Take note of the various Dallas police cars parked up on the sidewalk on the north side of Elm Street, which matches some of the other photos that were also taken on November 22nd.

BTW, that particular photograph of Dealey Plaza and its "November 22" caption can be found on page 350 of Richard Trask's outstanding 1994 book, "Pictures Of The Pain", where Trask also explains that the photo was part of a series of aerial shots taken "some time in mid-afternoon on that Friday" (Nov. 22nd) by a photographer named Jerry Cabluck.

David Von Pein
April 22-27, 2019