"THE TRIAL OF
LEE HARVEY OSWALD"

(1964)




If President Kennedy's assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald, had not himself been murdered just two days after JFK was killed in Dallas in November 1963, then many of the scenes we see played out in the 1964 fictional drama, "The Trial Of Lee Harvey Oswald" (which can be viewed above in its entirety), just might have actually taken place inside a real courtroom in Dallas, Texas, in the year 1964.

Relying on eyewitness accounts of the tragedy and news reports available at the time the film was being put together, cult movie director Larry Buchanan has weaved a remarkably accurate portrayal of the events surrounding JFK's assassination. And it's all the more remarkable considering the fact that this film premiered in April of 1964, several months before the official investigation into the President's death had been completed by the Warren Commission.

There are only a few errors of any substantial nature in the movie. One such mistake is when the prosecutor elicits testimony from a witness that indicated that all three of the bullets that were fired during the assassination were recovered and were in evidence at the trial.

Another major error contained in the film is when the actor portraying one of JFK's autopsy doctors says that the bullet which entered JFK's upper back did not exit his body, and that the throat wound was a result of a fragmented portion of the bullet that struck the President's head.

But those errors regarding the President's wounds are understandable from the point-of-view of the filmmakers, due to the lack of additional information concerning the facts which overwhelmingly support the Single-Bullet Theory, which is information that Buchanan did not have by the time his film debuted in April of '64.

And Buchanan was also undoubtedly relying on the erroneous initial report written by FBI agents Sibert and O'Neill, who attended President Kennedy's autopsy. The official autopsy report, however, corrected the mistake that appears in the early FBI report, with the autopsy report clearly stating that the bullet that entered JFK's upper back "made its exit through the anterior surface of the neck" [Warren Report; Page 543].

All things considered, Larry Buchanan's "The Trial Of Lee Harvey Oswald" is very accurate in most of the details pertaining to the death of JFK. And one of the most refreshing things about this movie is that Lee Oswald is not perceived by the defense to be an innocent patsy who was set up to take the fall by evil and unknown outside forces.

Even Oswald's own lawyer in this fictional trial concedes the possibility (or even the probability) of his client being guilty of killing the President. Otherwise, there would have been no need for the defense to have entered an additional plea of "Not guilty by reason of existing insanity".

David Von Pein
February 2012


===========================


SCREEN CAPTURES:


























===========================


RELATED LINKS:
























IN LEE HARVEY OSWALD'S ROOM
ON NOVEMBER 22, 1963




video


I was recently watching the 1978 Mel Stuart-directed television movie
"Ruby And Oswald", which is a film that does a very nice job of sticking
to the known facts in evidence regarding the timeline of events surrounding President Kennedy's assassination and the days that followed 11/22/63,
and I took note of something quite interesting during the scene which has
Lee Harvey Oswald (played by Frederic Forrest) rushing into the roominghouse
on Beckley Avenue in Oak Cliff at approximately 1:00 PM CST on November 22:

During the re-created scene of Oswald's probable movements and actions
while inside his small rented room (which is a re-creation that can be seen
in the video embedded above), actor Forrest hurriedly goes into the bedroom, closes the door, takes a light windbreaker jacket (like Oswald's) out of a
closet, puts the jacket on, adjusts the collar of the jacket a little bit, zips
the jacket up about halfway (which is something, btw, that housekeeper
Earlene Roberts said that Oswald didn't do until after he came out of his
room or just as he was coming out of the room), opens a dresser drawer,
pulls a revolver out of the drawer, closes the drawer, stuffs the gun into
the waist of his pants, pulls the jacket back down over his waistband to
hide the gun, opens the bedroom door, exits the room, and closes the
door behind him.

The total time that it took for Forrest to accomplish all of the above
actions -- 22 seconds.

The only thing that director Mel Stuart probably should have had
Forrest do differently while he was performing this bedroom re-
creation is to have the actor grab a handful of extra bullets from a
dresser drawer when he was also retrieving the revolver, because it's
doubtful whether the real Oswald was carrying a bunch of bullets in his
pants pocket when he went to work with Wesley Frazier from Irving on
the morning of the assassination (seeing as how he didn't have his
revolver with him that morning at all).

Another thing that might have added a few more seconds to the total
time that Oswald spent in his room is the possible need to physically
load his .38 Smith & Wesson revolver with some bullets. Although it's
quite possible, of course, that the gun was already loaded with
bullets before Oswald ever entered the room that day. No one can know
that detail for certain.

So, even if we were add a total of 10, 20, or even 30 full seconds
onto Frederic Forrest's roominghouse re-creation to account for some
additional time required for him to grab a handful of bullets from a
drawer (or elsewhere in the room) and to possibly put a few bullets in
the chamber of the gun, the total time that Forrest would have spent
inside that bedroom would still have been less than 1 minute (and only
32 seconds, total, if we were to add only 10 seconds, which seems like
a reasonable amount of time for a man to pick up a few bullets and put
them in his pocket).

Now, granted, this "re-creation" performed by Frederic Forrest in Mel
Stuart's 1978 TV-movie doesn't "prove" a darn thing with respect to
the real Oswald's actions in November 1963. I'll readily admit that
fact.

But what it does do is to place on film a reconstruction of an event
that is purported to have taken place on November 22, 1963, by Lee
Harvey Oswald....an event that I don't think anyone has re-created on
film elsewhere in other movies or TV shows or documentaries.

And, IMO, Forrest's re-creation of Oswald's alleged movements and post-
assassination actions after arriving at the Beckley roominghouse are
probably very close to the precise movements made by the real Lee
Oswald on 11/22/63.

And the key, IMO, is the fact that all of those actions that Oswald
needed to perform after going into his bedroom could easily be
accomplished in well under one minute (and probably well under 45
seconds, even when adding a few more seconds for Oswald's needed
bullet-grabbing), as proven by actor Frederic Forrest, who did perform
such an approximate re-creation of LHO's actions in less than 25
seconds.

The "How Long Was Oswald In His Room On November 22nd?" topic
has come up at various Internet forums many times in the past, and
I have added my two cents to the debate on several occasions, such
as the following examples:


"The best guess is that [Lee] Oswald left his roominghouse at
approx. 1:03 or 1:04 PM (CST). My guess is it was even earlier than
that; because there's no way in hell he was fiddling around in that
shoebox of a room for "3 or 4 minutes", per Mrs. [Earlene] Roberts'
account. There would be absolutely no reason (logically-speaking) for
Oswald to have been in that room for more than 30 seconds at most. Was
Earlene Roberts lying? Of course she wasn't. But people have a habit
of stretching out time estimates to (incorrect) lengthier guesses when
they're asked to re-create "timelines"."
-- DVP; 06/30/2006


"I'd still be willing to bet that Oswald was not in that tiny
room for "3 to 4 minutes" either. One minute tops. I don't KNOW this
to be so, quite obviously. But, as stated before, people are
notoriously rotten at gauging precise times and timelines. And Mrs.
Roberts certainly didn't have a stopwatch on Oswald; nor would she
have had any particular REASON to take note of exactly how long Oswald
stayed in his room. Her "3 to 4 minutes" is an estimate, and nothing
more. Next up from Walt I fully expect to see him claiming that J.D.
Tippit was shot at 12:50 PM, or maybe 12:55. It seems to get earlier
with each passing hunk of kookshit he spouts."
-- DVP; 08/16/2006


"It's always been my theory (yes, it's a guess, but a good one,
IMO) that Oswald was not in that shoebox-sized room of his on Beckley
for any "3 to 4 minutes" (as ESTIMATED by Mrs. Roberts, who was the
only witness to Oswald's coming in and going out again around 1:00 PM
on 11/22/63). Why on this Earth would Oswald, who was undoubtedly in a
"hurry" (per Roberts herself), spend 3 to 4 minutes in that closet of
a room just to grab his pistol and some bullets?"
-- DVP; 08/02/2007


"There's no chance in hell that Oswald spent "3 to 4 minutes" in that
closet/room. No way. I'll never buy that part of Roberts' account; and
this gives [Oswald] more time to reach 10th St., via my version, which
is much more sensible than Roberts'."
-- DVP; 09/02/2007


"The walk back to LHO's roominghouse was re-created by WC
counsel members, and it took 5 minutes and 45 seconds....which would
have placed Oswald back home at approx. 12:59:45 PM. He was probably
in that shoebox of a room for no more than 1 minute (tops), and
probably (IMO) closer to only 30 seconds (Earlene Roberts' "3 to 4
minutes" testimony notwithstanding), which would have given Oswald
ample time to travel the 0.85 of a mile to Tenth Street to kill
Officer Tippit. The trip from 1026 Beckley to the Tippit murder site
on 10th St. has been re-created several times by different people
(with varying results, depending upon the pace, of course), and the
excursion has taken as little as 11 minutes."
-- DVP; 11/08/2007


"IMO, Oswald was in that room for no more than 1 minute --
tops."
-- DVP; 03/17/2008


"I'll maintain until the cows come home that it's very unlikely that
Oz stayed in that shoebox of a room for any 3-4 minutes that day.
No way. No how."
-- DVP; 04/24/2008


"I'll always be of the opinion that Mrs. Roberts was incorrect
when she said that Lee was in his crackerbox of a room for "3 or 4
minutes". There was simply no reason under the moon for him to be in
that room for more than 1 minute--tops."
-- DVP; 07/28/2008

-------------------

[End quotes.]

-------------------

And while it's true that housekeeper Earlene Roberts testified to the
Warren Commission on April 8, 1964, that Oswald "went on to his room
and stayed about 3 or 4 minutes" [6 H 438], it's also a fact that Mrs. Roberts
also said that Oswald was in his room "just long enough, I guess, to go in
there and get a jacket and put it on"
[6 H 440].

David Von Pein
October 2008
February 2010


===============================================


MORE PICTURES OF OSWALD'S
BECKLEY AVENUE ROOM:







===============================================



JFK ASSASSINATION ARGUMENTS
(PART 156)



ANTHONY MARSH SAID:


>>> "The shift report [made out by Emory Roberts] reflects what was supposed to happen." <<<


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

But not what you seem to think was "supposed to happen", Tony, because you seem to think, via your previous posts on this topic, that Roberts assigned [Secret Service agent Henry] Rybka to a right-side RUNNING BOARD position on the Queen Mary SS follow-up Cadillac, instead of Rybka being (mistakenly) assigned, per Roberts' report, to the CENTER OF THE REAR SEAT.

Would you care to now change your theory regarding Agent Rybka being assigned a running-board slot on QM on 11/22/63, Tony?


>>> "And it's still very likely that a grassy knoll shooter could (and would) have killed the President, even with extra SS agents being in Dealey Plaza and even with an agent riding on the back bumper on JFK's side of SS-100-X at precisely 12:31 PM." <<<

Ahhh, the mysterious Grassy Knoll assassin rears his (invisible!) head once more. Nice, Tony. Nice.

Too bad that you think that JFK had "no hole" at all in the back of his head. Odd that a Grassy Knoll shooter could hit JFK in the head from the Knoll and produce "no hole" at all in the BOH.

And on top of that hunk of amazing shooting, the bullet fired by this invented Grassy Knoll shooter ALSO managed to produce no hole or damage to the LEFT side of JFK's head (or brain) whatsoever.

That was one incredible job of killing the President from a GK position, Tony. The killer became invisible. His bullet became undetectable in JFK's body. And the bullet that killed Kennedy somehow produced no damage to President Kennedy's head whatsoever.

Now who's got a Magic Bullet?

Tony, please tell us (if you haven't already) how the Grassy Knoll shooter's bullet hit JFK in the head and produced no wounds to Kennedy's head at all? (Tell us just for the laughs, mind you.)


>>> "President Kennedy pointed out just that morning how easy it would be." <<<

And Jack was 100% right too. For, Oswald's feat WAS relatively easy. And it was pulled off by Lee Harvey Oswald, alone, without the need for any extra shooters firing from Grassy Knolls.

David Von Pein
March 2008

LINK TO ORIGINAL POST (MARCH 1, 2008)






JFK ASSASSINATION ARGUMENTS
(PART 155)


CONSPIRACY THEORIST "SIMPLYCHIC" SAID:

>>> "The FBI controlled Dealey Plaza (crime scene), getting orders from Hoover to implicate Oswald." <<<


MURPHY (AN LNer) SAID:

>>> "So the FBI controlled the crime scene? What about the DPD that collected the lions share of the evidence immediately after the shooting? Was the DPD involved with the FBI in the conspiracy? How about the SS, after all they were closest to the action and must have known of and/or seen something, don't you think?" <<<



DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Not only that, but the Secret Service actually collected (i.e., took control of--for a brief time) all three of the bullet items of evidence that lead straight to Lee Oswald's rifle -- CE399, CE567, and CE569.

All of those items were initially controlled and seized by the Secret Service -- not the FBI or DPD.

So, the conspiracy kooks who think that everything was magically "controlled" by evil patsy-framing forces immediately after the assassination have pretty much no choice but to include all of the following organizations as being part of the "plot" and/or "cover-up":

The Dallas Police Department, the Dallas County Sheriff's Department, the United States Secret Service, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Anybody have any idea how the amazing "patsy plotters" managed to get all of those entities to volunteer to participate in their crazy "Let's Blame Only Oswald" ruse?

It's just silly beyond all belief (as are almost all conspiracy theories). But the conspiracy-loving kooks of the world can't stop isolating bits and pieces of evidence (in lieu of looking at the SUM TOTAL of the evidence in the case as well as the SUM TOTAL of conspiracy-tinged absurdity that they are trying to peddle day-in and day-out).

And since the CTers refuse to stop isolating stuff, and since they also insist on mangling the evidence too (via their unsupportable interpretations of what the evidence really indicates), and since they refuse to place on the table any kind of logical, coherent, believable theory that fits with the evidence in the case....the conspiracy theorists of the world are, therefore, destined to forever chase their own tails (and tales) and are destined to forever continue their search for bullets that never existed and assassins that were never there.

David Von Pein
March 2008

LINK TO ORIGINAL POST (MARCH 1, 2008)


=================================


RANDOM PHOTO FROM
THE KENNEDY GALLERY:






JFK ASSASSINATION ARGUMENTS
(PART 154)


ROBERT CAPRIO SAID:

>>> "Empty cartridges being tied to a gun means nothing if you can't show the bullets that were in them were the reason for the death or wounding. Those bullets could have been fired into a wall two weeks earlier, you have NO proof. The D.A. can certainly go to court with this very weak evidence, but good luck with that." <<<


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

There's nothing like being a conspiracy kook who loves to isolate stuff,
is there Robert?

Isolating selected pieces of evidence is a CTer's problem a lot of
the time....with your statement above being a perfect example of this
problem (or, in this instance, it could be called mere silliness).

A TIPPIT "FACT CHECKLIST":

1.) Lee Harvey Oswald was seen firing a gun at Tippit on 10th St. by
multiple witnesses (Rob will now come back and claim that ONLY Markham
saw the actual shooting and IDed Oswald; naturally, he'll be
wrong...as per usual, of course).

2.) Oswald was also seen by multiple witnesses (Davis, Davis, and
Benavides) SHAKING SHELLS FROM A REVOLVER (and it can't be an
"automatic", btw, because if it were there'd be no reason to shake the
shells out of the gun).

3.) Those 4 shells on the ground dumped by Oswald himself were found
and picked up by the above-mentioned THREE different witnesses (Davis,
Davis, Benavides).

4.) Those 4 shells were linked to Oswald's own .38 revolver "to the
exclusion".

5.) No other gunmen were seen on 10th Street other than Lee Oswald.
(Utilizing Acquilla Clemons' account of seeing two men at the scene
of the crime won't cut the ice either. She didn't see the actual
shooting itself; she saw the aftermath. The closest witnesses to the
shooting confirm there was only ONE person with a gun--and that one
person was Lee Harvey Oswald. Period.)

6.) Oswald, when arrested, had on him a Smith & Wesson .38 Special
revolver that was the gun that was positively shown to have ejected
the fours shells that littered 10th Street in Oak Cliff on 11/22/63.

7.) The four bullets (slugs) removed from the dead body of 39-year-
old, 11-year DPD veteran J.D. Tippit were mutilated to the point where
the FBI could not make a definitive determination as to whether the
bullets had been fired through Oswald's S&W .38 revolver or not.

But independent firearms expert Joseph D. Nicol of Illinois did say
that it was his belief, based on his examination of those same 4
bullets, that one of the 4 bullets had sufficient striations and
markings on it so that it could be said to have positively come from
LHO's gun.

============

Now, to a reasonable person examining all seven of the above points of
evidence concerning the murder of Officer J.D. Tippit, the only possible
conclusion that can be reached is: Lee Harvey Oswald, using his own revolver, shot Officer Tippit four times.

But, to a CT-Isolationist (aka: a kook), the above seven points
(somehow) add up to NO EVIDENCE at all leading to Lee Oswald's guilt
in the Tippit murder. With a CTer like Robby, instead, deciding to
isolate #7 from the remainder of the items listed above.

And by performing this isolating act, and removing the item from the
large SUM TOTAL of obvious "LHO Is Guilty" evidence, the conspiracy
clown thinks he can claim a CT victory and go home (evidently).

But unfortunately for the kook, the OTHER SIX POINTS AREN'T GOING TO
SUDDENLY VANISH. Those items of evidence are still there in the mix
too, despite a kook's attempts to ignore or skew them beyond recognition.

David Von Pein
February 2008

LINK TO ORIGINAL POST (FEBRUARY 29, 2008)






JFK ASSASSINATION ARGUMENTS
(PART 153)


ANTHONY MARSH SAID:

>>> "Some dunce SS agent was in Rybka's spot, so when Rybka went to jump onto the running board there was no room for him and he got left behind. You can see the dunce realizing his error and climbing into the back seat, too late though." <<<


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Some interesting information regarding Agent Henry Rybka can be gleaned from the Original Report of ATSAIC Emory Roberts of the Secret Service (a report that is dated November 29, 1963):

[Quoting Roberts:]

11:55 a.m.: The President (right rear seat), Mrs. Kennedy (left rear seat), Governor John Connally (of Texas) (right jump seat), Mrs. Connally (left jump seat), ASAIC Roy T. Kellerman front seat, with SA William Greer driving, (SS car 100 X--top removed) departed Love Field.

SA Donald Lawton of 8 a.m.-4 p.m. shift remained at Love Field with SA Warner and Rybka to set up security for the President's departure for Bergstrom AFB, Austin, Texas. The Presidential aircraft was due to depart Dallas at 2:35 p.m.

The following persons departed Love Field in Secret Service Follow-up car, 679 X and were located in and on running boards of car as follows:

ATSAIC Emory P. Roberts--front seat--operating radio.
SA Samuel Kinney--driving (did an excellent job)
Mr. Kenneth O'Donnell, Appointment Secretary to the President,
left jump seat.
Mr. David Powers, Presidential Aide, right jump seat.
SA Glen Bennett, left rear seat.
SA George Hickey, right rear seat (manning AR-15 (rifle)
SA Clinton Hill, left running board, front.
SA William Mclntyre, left running board, behind Hill.
SA John D. Ready, right running board, front.
SA Paul Landis, right running board behind Ready.

Note: On shift report for Nov. 22, 1963, I listed SA Rybka as riding in center of rear seat, which was in error, as he was not in car. As mentioned above, he remained at Love Field.


[End Quote.]


I just wonder what the conspiracy theorists think of the above remarks made by Emory Roberts on 11/29/63? (CTers, that is, who are of the opinion that something "shady" was going on at Love Field regarding Agent Rybka...such as some sort of "standdown", as CTers like to call it.)

Do CTers think that the presence of one extra Secret Service agent (Rybka) in the Dallas motorcade would have made any kind of substantial difference at all when it comes to President Kennedy being shot and killed?

In other words -- Where do CTers go with this "RYBKA WAS LEFT AT LOVE FIELD" topic? Where CAN they "go" with it? Where?

Does it really make much difference whether or not Rybka was originally scheduled to sit in the rear seat of the Queen Mary SS car (between Agents Bennett and Hickey) during the Dallas parade?

Rybka's being assigned to the back seat certainly wouldn't change this basic (and important) fact: NO AGENTS WERE SPECIFICALLY ASSIGNED TO RUN ALONG THE PRESIDENT'S CAR DURING THE ENTIRE MOTORCADE DRIVE THROUGH DALLAS ON 11/22/63.

I'll add the following addendum, just for the heck of it. This comes from a statement made by Secret Service agent Clint Hill, dated November 30, 1963 (and I'm going to assume that these comments probably also apply to any SS agent who was assigned to the RIGHT-FRONT running board of the SS follow-up car, which would have been Special Agent John D. Ready on 11/22/63 in Dallas):

"My instructions for Dallas were to work the left rear of the Presidential automobile and remain in close proximity to Mrs. John F. Kennedy at all times. The agent assigned to work the left rear of the Presidential automobile rides on the forward portion of the left-hand running board of the Secret Service follow-up car and only moves forward to walk alongside the Presidential automobile when it slows to such a pace that people can readily approach the auto on foot." -- CLINTON J. HILL


In the final analysis, this whole Secret Service argument is a relatively moot one anyway, from yet another angle. That angle being:

It's still very likely that Lee Harvey Oswald could (and would) have killed the President, even with extra Secret Service agents being in Dealey Plaza and even with an agent riding on the back bumper on JFK's side of SS-100-X at precisely 12:30 PM.

Short of the Secret Service throwing a 360-degree "wall" of agents around the body of JFK in Dealey Plaza, it's still quite likely that Oswald would have been able to successfully pull off the assassination with his Mannlicher-Carcano rifle from a position 60 feet above Elm Street.

David Von Pein
February 2008

LINK TO ORIGINAL POST (FEBRUARY 29, 2008)






JFK ASSASSINATION ARGUMENTS
(PART 152)


WALT CAKEBREAD SAID:

>>> "What an outrageous misrepresentation of the Secret Service man's body language. .... His body language isn't merely a dismissive "shrug"; it clearly is an incredulous and urgent questioning of Emory Roberts' order. His body language clearly reads "What the Hell's going on???" " <<<


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

A person who has studied this matter in pretty good depth--Gary Mack (at least I'm fairly sure it was Gary who said this; if it wasn't Gary, I apologize to him)--has stated that it's his belief that the shoulder-shrugging Secret Service agent who was left at Love Field was merely kidding around in a playful manner with the other SS agents in the Queen Mary follow-up car.

Anyone who has a copy of the inimitable 1964 United Artists documentary film "FOUR DAYS IN NOVEMBER" can watch (in good-quality form) the entire uncut "arm-shrugging" WFAA-TV sequence. [Go to the 7:30 mark of the video below to see the footage in question.]


video


"Four Days In November" includes a goodly amount of WFAA's videotaped footage of JFK's Love Field arrival. There are some edits and splices of that airport footage made by United Artists for the "Four Days" movie, but the sequence showing the shrugging Secret Service agent has not been edited down or spliced in any way. (Which seems kind of strange to me if UA and/or David Wolper or any of the "Four Days" moviemakers had been on some "cover-up" or "LN propaganda" mission, as some CTers seem to actually believe was true.)

And on a big-screen TV, it does look as though the Secret Service man has a bit of a smile on his face as he's shrugging and looking toward the other agents in the Queen Mary vehicle.

Now, it's possible that the SS agent was both confused AND "playful" (in a sense) when we he see him shrugging his shoulders and waving his arms at Love Field as JFK's limo leaves the airport.

But one thing's a certainty: Nobody on this Earth can PROVE that the incident with the shoulder-shrugging agent at Love Field was part of some sort of "Secret Service Standdown" or was part of some plot to kill the President by the SS or any other authorities in Dallas on November 22, 1963.

The only thing that CTers can do with this event is what they also do with pretty much everything connected with this whole case -- SPECULATE.

And the CTer speculations and guesswork always add up to some kind of covert plot of some ilk. Naturally. Because a CTer refuses to believe that ANY incident (or evidence) connected with 11/22/63 could be innocent in nature. Everything MUST lead to the endzone marked "Conspiracy".

To a conspiracy theorist, the actions of the SS man at Love Field couldn't possibly be looked upon as anything BUT conspiratorial in some fashion (not on the part of the shrugging agent himself, of course, but "conspiratorial" on the part of Emory Roberts or any other people who might be looked at sideways by CTers regarding this airport incident).

It does seem kind of odd to me, though, if a plot/standdown was afoot on November 22nd, that the Secret Service waited until the last minute to coordinate parts of the supposed "standdown" by "waving off" one of its agents at the 11th hour at Love Field after the cars had already begun to roll.

But, apparently that last minute kind of angle doesn't seem odd or unusual to CTers at all. Nor do CTers evidently think it was strange to have a critical part of the so-called "standdown" (per the CT POV) taking place at a time when the Secret Service should have known they were probably being CAPTURED ON LIVE TELEVISION in the act of performing a key part of the so-called "standdown".

I guess Emory Roberts, et al, just didn't care about part of the "plot" being potentially CAUGHT ON TAPE/FILM by WFAA-TV (or by anybody else who might have had a camera pointed at the President's car at approximately 11:50 AM on November 22 at Love Field).

But when we dive back into the "Reality Pool" (i.e., the pool where Occam and his Razor usually rule, and where the ORDINARY trumps and defeats the EXTRAORDINARY in most instances), Emory Roberts' actions and the actions of the shrugging agent aren't so covert or difficult to figure out at all.

And it's not hard to figure out WHY Roberts and the rest of the Secret Service didn't care about being seen on live TV during the so-called "wave off". The reason they DIDN'T CARE about the rolling television cameras (and other potential cameras that might have been filming them) is, of course, because the Secret Service WASN'T DOING ANYTHING WRONG OR COVERT at Love Field on November 22.

And innocent people (i.e., people who aren't engaging in plots to kill the very President they are all sworn to protect with their own lives) don't have anything to hide.

Therefore nothing was hidden from the TV cameras at Love Field....because every single thing that was going on regarding the Secret Service that day at the airport was totally innocent and non-conspiratorial in nature.

And no conspiracist alive can possibly prove otherwise.

Plus:

There's the fact that the shrugging agent's absence during the motorcade drive through Dallas did not result in Queen Mary being one agent short. As can easily be seen in the James Altgens photo, the maximum number of agents (8) are riding in the Queen Mary follow-up car in Dealey Plaza, with the full complement of four agents on the two running boards:



Plus:

Via other films and photos taken during pre-November 22nd JFK motorcades, it becomes very obvious that the security arrangements made by the SS on 11/22/63 in Dallas were not substantially different from other motorcades that Kennedy participated in prior to November 22.

I.E.:

There was not ALWAYS a Secret Service agent riding on the rear bumper of JFK's limousine. Sometimes there were agents on the running boards, but on many other occasions there were not (as illustrated in the three photos shown below).








So how can conspiracy theorists possibly claim that the motorcade security in Dallas was lax or different or not up to previous standards or whatever the CTers say to try and prop up the ridiculous notion that the United States Secret Service was actually involved in some kind of plot to murder the President they'd been protecting with their own lives for almost three years (and/or: the SS just stood by watching while deliberately doing nothing to aid JFK after the shooting began in Dealey Plaza)?

That's just silly beyond all possible belief.

David Von Pein
February 2008
February 2012

LINK TO ORIGINAL POST (FEBRUARY 28, 2008)






JFK ASSASSINATION ARGUMENTS
(PART 151)


ROB CAPRIO SAID:

>>> "You should be more open to all angles and present conspiracy theories that you think are feasible." <<<


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

When I see a feasible one that actually FITS THE EVIDENCE IN THE
CASE, I'll present it. But so far...zilch in that department.


>>> "Which reminds me, I asked you recently which theory or theories you could agree to and you never answered." <<<

I'll answer that now.....

The only possible conspiracy theory that I could agree with at this
stage (i.e., after 45 years of CTers looking under every rock for a
plot and coming up empty every day of every week) would be this:

Oswald (as the lone gunman in Dealey Plaza and on 10th St.) was
"involved" in some manner with (perhaps) another individual (a non-
gunman) who could have conceivably urged Oswald to perform his
murderous deed in Dallas, or in some small way possibly helped Oswald
with the planning of the shooting.

But even the above low-level type of two-person "plot" doesn't seem
very likely at all, given the fact that if it were true, the main question
to ask would then be:

WHERE WAS THIS OTHER PLOTTER WHEN LEE HARVEY OSWALD NEEDED
HIM THE MOST (just after 12:30 PM on 11/22/63)?

Why did this other person, in effect, abandon Oswald when Oz could
certainly have used some help escaping the scene of the crime?

The other guy maybe got cold feet and left Oz holding the bag, you
say? Well, maybe. I suppose that is possible.

But another thing that doesn't add up even from that small two-man
conspiracy is the fact that if it were true, and Oswald had a helper in
some way in planning and/or carrying out the shooting, it's unlikely
(IMO) that Oswald would have used Wes Frazier as his ride to Irving on
Nov. 21st (thereby making it necessary for Oswald to lie his head off
to Wes Frazier regarding the paper bag and the "curtain rods").

Oswald, IF he had a helper (who could drive and had a vehicle), would
have surely utilized the services of the helper in transporting him
to Irving on Thursday or even earlier than Thursday (in order to
retrieve the rifle, which assumes the helper didn't have an even
better rifle of his own that Oswald could have perhaps used). And then
the co-conspirator would have also been able to drive Oswald back to
Dallas on Friday morning.

But, instead, we have Oswald doing unusual things on Thursday (going
to Irving with Wesley Frazier, who certainly wasn't any "conspirator")
and on Friday (coming to work with Frazier while carrying a bulky
paper bag and NO LUNCH BAG at all, per what Oswald HIMSELF told Wes
Frazier, with Oz telling Wesley that he was going to "buy" his lunch
on Friday).

Among many other things, those unusual acts while using Frazier as his
mode of transportation (instead of somebody else), plus all of Oswald's
"on foot" activities after the assassination, indicate to me that Oswald
was a lone act on November 22, 1963.

So, even a small two-man plot doesn't really fit in with the known
evidence in the case (i.e., Oswald's verified actions before and after
12:30 PM on 11/22/63).

David Von Pein
February 2008

LINK TO ORIGINAL POST (FEBRUARY 26, 2008)






JFK ASSASSINATION ARGUMENTS
(PART 150)


A CONSPIRACY NUTCASE NAMED WALT SAID:

>>> "Why did you want to drag me into this debate? You know I'll just show you to be a lying ignoramus." <<<


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

This is kind of like a turtle saying to a rabbit: "Why bother racing
me, Mr. Rabbit? You know I'll just end up beating you by a mile."

(Does anybody really know if Walt The Kook ACTUALLY believes he has
defeated ANY LNer on this board [or any other board] with his make-
believe bullcrap? If he does, the word 'delusional' comes to mind
immediately.)


>>> "Brennan said he saw the gunman moving back and forth behind WINDOWS (plural) on the sixth floor." <<<

Lookie! Walt is skewing the evidence again! What a surprise!

Please provide a cite for your above lie, Walt-Kook.


>>> "Brennan was referring to the window where he had seen the LIGHT CLOTHING clad gunman BEFORE the motorcade's arrival. In his afidavit [sic] he DESCRIBED the window where he'd seen the WHITE CLOTHING
clad gunman aiming the rifle AT THE TIME of the shooting. The ONLY window that matches his DESCRIPTION was at the WEST end of the sixth floor." <<<


I'm certainly not going to once again type out the actual evidence
that proves "Walt The Ultra-Mega-Kook" to be dead-wrong (as per
usual). We've been over this multiple times previously...and I've
totally demolished Walt's ridiculous "BRENNAN WAS DESCRIBING
THE WEST-END WINDOW" bullshit several times over.

If anyone wants to see the kook's theory ripped to shreds by the real
evidence and testimony in the case, you can go HERE and HERE.


>>> "Hey Dumbass....The planted evidence was good enough to fool the suckers (as you readily demonstrate, by being a prime example)." <<<

Hey Kook! There's not a person in this asylum who doesn't realize that
you are the evidence-mangling king. You wear the title like it was a badge
of honor.

Go figure somebody actually being PROUD of performing the kind of
evidence-twisting Walt engages in, 24/7.

~shrugs at the thought~

David Von Pein
February 2008

LINK TO ORIGINAL POST (FEBRUARY 26, 2008)






JFK ASSASSINATION ARGUMENTS
(PART 149)


A CONSPIRACY THEORIST SAID:

>>> "There have long been problems with how the rifle allegedly used in the assassination of President Kennedy came to be linked with Oswald. Raymond Gallagher shows us, astonishingly and with documentation, that the rifle was shipped before Oswald had ordered it. How could that be? .... How did the bank deposit Oswald's money order for the weapon before Oswald wrote it?" <<<


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

There aren't any unsolvable "problems" with the documentation of how
Lee Oswald came into possession of Rifle #C2766 at all. Only a CTer
bent on FINDING some "problems" has a problem with that particular
part of the case (as per the CT norm, of course).

Warren Commission Testimony:

DAVID W. BELIN. Is there anything which indicates in what form you received the money?

WILLIAM J. WALDMAN (VP of Klein's Sporting Goods Inc.). Yes; below the amount is shown the letters "MO" designating money order.

Mr. BELIN. Now, I see the extreme top of this microfilm, the date, March 13, 1963; to what does that refer?

Mr. WALDMAN. This is an imprint made by our cash register indicating that the remittance received from the customer was passed through our register on that date.

Mr. BELIN. And to the right of that, I see $21.45. Is that correct?

Mr. WALDMAN. That's correct.

Mr. BELIN. Is there any other record that you have in connection with the shipment of this rifle other than the particular microfilm negative frame that we are looking at right now?

Mr. WALDMAN. We have a--this microfilm record of a coupon clipped from a portion of one of our advertisements, which indicates by writing of the customer on the coupon that he ordered our catalog No. C20-T750; and he has shown the price of the item, $19.95, and gives as his name A. Hidell, and his address as Post Office Box 2915, in Dallas, Tex.

[...]

Mr. BELIN. I hand you what has been marked as Commission Exhibit No. 788, which appears to be a U.S. postal money order payable to the order of Klein's Sporting Goods, and marked that it's from a purchaser named A. Hidell, and as the purchaser's street address is Post Office Box No. 2915, and the purchaser's City, Dallas, Tex.; March 12, 1963: and underneath the amount of $21.45, the number 2,202,130,462. And on the reverse side there appears to be an endorsement of a bank. I wonder if you would read that endorsement, if you would, and examine it, please.

Mr. WALDMAN. This is a stamped endorsement reading "Pay to the order of the First National Bank of Chicago," followed by our account No. 50 space 91144, and that, in turn, followed by "Klein's Sporting Goods, Inc."

Mr. BELIN. Do you know whether or not that is your company's endorsement on that money order?

Mr. WALDMAN. It's identical to our endorsement.

Mr. BELIN. And I hand you what has been marked as Waldman Deposition Exhibit No. 9 and ask you if you can state what this is.

Mr. WALDMAN. This is our endorsement stamp which reads the same as that shown on the money order in question.

Mr. BELIN. You have just now stamped Waldman Deposition Exhibit No. 9 with your endorsement stamp?

Mr. WALDMAN. Correct.

Mr. BELIN. Do you have any way of knowing when exactly this money order was deposited by your company?

Mr. WALDMAN. I cannot specifically say when this money order was deposited by our company; however, as previously stated, a money order for $21.45 passed through our cash register on March 13, 1963.




>>> "How did the bank deposit Oswald's money order for the weapon before Oswald wrote it? .... The bank deposit slip, the extra copy provided by the bank at the time of the transfer, reads FEBRUARY 15, 1963, not March 13th. This is about one month before Oswald sent the coupon for the rifle by air mail to Chicago." <<<

Yes, Waldman Exhibit No. 10 does indeed indicate the date
"2-15-63" on the First National Bank receipt. But I think the key to
KNOWING beyond a reasonable doubt that the "Feb. 15" date is merely a
slipped digit on the part of whoever wrote out that extra copy of the
receipt is the fact that the TOTAL DEPOSIT that is indicated on the
"2-15-63" bank deposit slip is identical (to the penny) to the total
deposit listed on the detailed document (which is dated "3-13-63")
shown right above the "Feb. 15" 1st National receipt in Waldman #10 --
$13,827.98, although the first couple of digits are difficult to make out
on the 1st Natl. receipt, but it's fairly obvious that the totals are identical.


>>> "Belin did not ask him [Waldman] to explain how, before the advent of computers, an order could be shipped 700 miles, received, processed and deposited in 24 hours." <<<

Simple -- Oswald mailed the Money Order via Air Mail. And Air Mail is much
faster than regular "snail" mail.


>>> "Today, due to people like Raymond Gallagher, and especially John Armstrong, we can show that it is highly doubtful that Oswald ever ordered that rifle." <<<

Even though handwriting experts have PROVEN that the writing on the
Money Order and on the American Rifleman magazine coupon were the
handwriting/(handprinting) of Lee Harvey Oswald....right?

CTers think that some OTHER rifle from Klein's was shipped to Oswald's
Dallas P.O. Box, is that it? If that's not "it", then what IS the "it"?

We know beyond ALL doubt that Oswald possessed a rifle in the year
1963. Marina Oswald verified this fact, because Marina saw the rifle
herself on multiple occasions, and saw Lee dry-firing the weapon.

Plus, Jeanne DeMohrenschildt also saw the rifle while visiting the
Oswalds in Dallas in 1963. [See 9 H 315.]


INSTANT REPLAY (JUST FOR THE LAUGHS):

>>> "...And especially John Armstrong..." <<<

Thanks for the opening here. I always enjoy it when the opportunity
arises to re-post the following text from pages 565 to 567 of Endnotes
in Mr. Bugliosi's "Reclaiming History" (dealing with Mr. Armstrong,
whom many conspiracists seem to like so well of late):


"John Armstrong actually went on to publish a 983-page book in 2003 called "Harvey and Lee: How the CIA Framed Oswald", in which he carries his fantasy about a double Oswald to such absurd lengths that not only doesn't it deserve to be dignified in the main text of my book, but I resent even having to waste a word on it in this endnote. ....

"Obviously, if Armstrong had a source for any of the things he charges, he would be only too eager to give it. Instead, his only source is his exceptionally fertile imagination. ....

"On the day of the assassination, Armstrong has both Lee Harvey Oswald and Harvey Oswald, two people who are spitting images of each other, in the Depository. .... At the moment of the assassination, HARVEY Oswald was in the second-floor lunchroom having lunch and LEE Harvey Oswald was on the sixth floor firing at Kennedy. ....

"Lee Harvey Oswald escaped arrest, but Armstrong doesn't tell his readers what happened to him thereafter, though...he tells them near the beginning of the book that he may be "very much alive"."
-- Vincent T. Bugliosi

David Von Pein
February 2008
February 2012

LINK TO ORIGINAL POST (FEBRUARY 25, 2008)






JFK ASSASSINATION ARGUMENTS
(PART 148)


WALT SAID:

>>> "You left out the last part of Mrs Reid's statement. Did you "forget" that she added the disqualifier..."but maybe he wasn't hit". What would Oswald think when Mrs. Reid said that??" <<<



DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Although I can't read Oswald's mind, I have a feeling that Oz probably was quite amused when he heard those words from Mrs. Reid. And (if I were to wager on it) he probably exhibited the trademark Oswald smirk after he passed by Reid and heard her say "maybe they didn't hit him" (which is the exact quote, per Mrs. Reid's own testimony [at 3 H 274], vs. the version Walt offered, which was close).


>>> "On one hand you say Oswald fled in panic, but then when Baker arrives with a gun aimed at Oswald, he shows no sign of fear." <<<

And this lack of any "sign of fear" is, IMO, as I've said many times previously, more indicative of Oswald's GUILT (given the circumstances of having a cop coming at him with a gun) vs. an indication of innocence on Oz's part.

A truly innocent person, given those circumstances, IS probably going to show some signs of fear, by asking (at the least) "What's going on?" or "What did I do?"

But Oswald didn't need to ask anything like that, because he already KNEW what was "going on", and he also HAD to have known that the place would be crawling with cops within minutes (or seconds) of the shooting. And, of course, it was.

It's kind of funny, too, because if Officer Marrion Baker had taken some additional time to fully assess Oswald's very calm and cool demeanor (after being confronted by a hurried policeman with his gun out), perhaps he, too, on his own, might have added things up a little differently concerning the man he stopped in the lunchroom that Friday in the Book Depository.

But Baker, of course, was in a very big hurry to get to the roof of the building (from where he thought he might have a good chance to trap the killer, who certainly hadn't had much time to get away by 12:31 or 12:32 PM), and therefore, in his haste, Baker inadvertently allowed President Kennedy's real murderer to go free after encountering him on the second floor just a minute or two after JFK was slain.

Nobody can possibly place any blame on Officer M.L. Baker though. He was doing his job that day as best he knew how. And he had no reason (on the surface) to suspect Lee Harvey Oswald of any wrong-doing as of 12:31 or 12:32 on November 22.

After Roy Truly cleared Oswald as merely another of the many people who worked in the Depository, it isn't surprising at all that Baker let LHO go immediately.

But I've often wondered if Marrion L. Baker, when he reflects back on that day, ever places some degree of blame on himself for not capturing the President's murderer in that lunchroom. For if Baker had done that, J.D. Tippit's life would have been spared.

But hindsight--as always--is 20/20.

David Von Pein
February 2008

LINK TO ORIGINAL POST (FEBRUARY 25, 2008)


================================


RANDOM PHOTO FROM
THE KENNEDY GALLERY: